The Multilingual Home
a home is where everything begins
two people get married and start sharing their lives and values together
a child is born and languages are introduced, taught and learned
they sit at a table surrounded by favorite food or something new, they recall their day with the adventures they had or plan upcoming ones
they teach each other new things about the world around them
they share their love for religion
Our Multilingual Home
3 kids | 6 languages
- I’m American, my husband is Turkish and we live in the northern suburbs of Paris, France. We have three children Miss F (5), Mr. Z (4) and Mr. M (1)
- On a daily basis, we speak English, French, Turkish and occasionally Quranic Arabic. My husband speaks to his family in Zaza and Kurmanji (Kurdish).
- We eat family dinners around our floor table every evening with homemade food, recalling our different adventures or we share our plans for a new weekend one.
- The two oldest kids are currently attending a private school but we try to incorporate learning about our world and manners in daily life in before / after school activities called “homework”.
- We are Muslims, practicing Islam and striving to uphold Islamic values as well as our own cultures.
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
Happy International Day of Multilingualism! Here is a picture of all of us from our vacation to Trabzon, Turkey last year! We are a multilingual family as most of you probably know. We speak English, French, Turkish and Arabic on a daily basis. My husband and sometimes our kids speak Kurdish and Zaza. I also interview a multlingual family every month, check out the link in the bio to read an interview or two. What languages do you speak in your family ? #multilingualisnormal #multilingualfamily #multilingualproblems #multilculturalproblems #mixedmarriages #multilingual #multilingualism #multilingualfriends #multilingualeducation #multilingualbaby #multilingualismrocks #multilingualparenting #trilingualkids #bilingualkids #bilingualfamily #multilingualkids #languagelearning #languagesforfun #turkishfamily #multiculturalfamily #multiculturakids #muslimkids #muslimfamily #expatkids #expatfamily #learninganotherlanguage #homeschoolingfamily #turkishhusband #americansinfrance #trump