Yesterday, I shared about National Family Literacy Day and Month and I decided to create a reading challenge especially for Muslim families. Non-Muslim families can participate as well changing the themes to go along with their religious belief.
The idea is to have someone in your family read a book that relates to the day’s theme every day throughout the month of November. It should take no more than 20 minutes, it is a moment to connect with each other and our deen Islam. It is an opportunity to learn about our deen and ask questions or start a discussion as well. Also, to spread awareness of all the great Muslim books that are available today.
You can download the challenge here by subscribing to our newsletter and freebies page, then hang it on your fridge.
You can share your books daily as well on Instagram or Facebook #booksforamuslimfamily or tag us @the_multilingual_home.
Here are some book suggestions related to the theme for each day :
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase,The Multilingual Home receives a small commission at no extra charge to you.
- Allah – I wonder about Allah
- Muslims – I am a Muslim
- Five Pillars – Five Pillars to please Allah
- Arabic Alphabet – My Quran Alphabet book
- About Islam – Muslim book of colors or shapes
- Aklaaq – A to Z about akhlaaq
- About the Quran – My first Quran with Pictures
- Gratefulness – Pizza in his pocket
- A Prophet – Goodword Greatest Stories of the Quran
- Seerah – Spider and Dove
- Ramadan – Night of the Moon
- Eid – Eid ul fitr
- Hajj – Going to Mecca
- Inventor – 1001 Muslim Inventions
- History – 365 Prophet Muhammed Stories
- Respect Others – Allah Made us all Different
- Angels – My Two Special Scribes
- Manners – Zak and His Lies
- Animal – A Whale of a Wish
- Salah – A race to prayer
- Zakat – Mustafa and Arwa go on a Zakat Adventure
- Halal / Haram – My Friends eat Pork
- Role Model – My Mum’s a wonder
- Dua – I can make dua anywhere
- Jannah – I will not clean my room
- Allah’s Creations – Zain Bhika’s Allah Made Everything
- Allah’s Names – 99 Names of Allah
- Family – Respect your Mother
- Iman – The Traveler from the Heavens
- Good Deeds – Good Deeds Just to Please Allah
We will be sharing our daily book with a little discussion everyday inshaAllah on our profile page @the_multilingual_home. You can also join the Islamic Reading Challenge group on Facebook. Be sure to follow us to stay notified!